- Monitoring facilities, electrical, and mechanical equipment, building automation, and other facility systems by conducting regular facility walkthroughs and inspections;
- Performing light maintenance and repairs to facilities, mechanical and electrical equipment, and other facility systems;
- Coordination of facility maintenance subcontractors, ensuring limited disruption to the system, safety, and quality of workmanship;
- Respond to service requests and demand maintenance and perform or arrange routine and emergency service on facility equipment and systems as necessary;
- Develop and document inspection and maintenance routines and standard work procedures in a start-up environment;
- Perform work in accordance with established procedures and risk management practices to ensure safety and maximum levels of facility availability in accordance with the requirements of the project agreement;
- Record status of maintenance and repair work within RTM’s Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Ensures work completed meets response time and quality requirements of the Project Agreement;
- Comply with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, risk management, and fire protection requirements;
- Other miscellaneous duties as may be assigned
- High school diploma and trade certifications. A combination of education and work experience will be considered;
- Five years of experience in a facility maintenance role in an industrial environment;
- Equipment and system troubleshooting and resolution skills;
- An aptitude and comfort in using diagnostic computer systems and software;
- Familiarity with a Centralized Maintenance Management System;
- Acquired competency required in mechanical and electronic systems;
- Experience in providing high quality service to customers & good interpersonal relationships
- Good judgement & effective in solving practical problems, responds quick, calmly, and appropriately to emergency situations;
- Demonstrate an ability to work efficiently in an unsupervised environment;
- Demonstrate a strong health, safety, quality, and environmental mindset;
- Previous experience within rail transit or rail transportation industry considered an asset;
- Experience or certifications such as Forklift, Fall Arrest, working at heights, etc.; are assets
- Experience working in a LEED certified facility;
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and adapt to constant change;
- Willing to work shifts in a 24/7 environment
- Provides on-call/standby duties and emergency callouts as required
- Personal protective equipment is required to be worn as part of this role
- Valid drivers’ license required to perform work at multiple sites.
- Capable of working at heights and in confined spaces
- Willing to work in an outside environment as required including during times of inclement weather
- Candidates will be subject to pre-hire and ongoing medical testing to ensure that the bona fide occupational job requirements are met.
Please submit your cover letter clearly indicating how your experience aligns with this role and include your salary requirements along with your CV.