As a Maintenance Coordinator at Rideau Transit Maintenance, this professional will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating maintenance activities, scheduling repairs, and prioritizing various work requests. You will be a key point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that the Confederation Line Light Rail Transit System is in optimal condition.
- Develop daily and weekly maintenance schedules to ensure the availability and reliability of the rail system.
- Act as the central point of contact for receiving and prioritizing work requests from various stakeholders and maintenance teams.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to elaborate and manage the weekly maintenance plan, aligning it with limited work windows to eliminate any disruptions to rail services.
- Regularly review and follow up on the daily maintenance plan to include the corrective work orders.
- Maintain a strong interface with the contractors and client planning team, to get permissions and coordinate the maintenance activities while prioritizing safety and minimizing service interruptions.
- Identify traction power isolation requirements and manage the filling of permission limits when necessary to enable safe maintenance work.
- Assist in developing and populating preventive maintenance routines and schedules within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Ensure these routines are up-to-date and aligned with industry best practices and the Project Agreement.
- Proactively identify opportunities and make recommendations for enhancing maintenance practices and improvements.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance & Operations Manager to address long-term maintenance planning requirements.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned, ensuring the outcomes will be reached within scope, time and budget.
- Provide training and support to maintenance staff, fostering a culture of long-term planning.
Qualification and Experience:
- Proven experience in maintenance coordination or a similar role in infrastructure and systems maintenance in an industrial or rail environment.
- Preference is given to candidates with a relevant technical diploma or trade certificate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with occupational health and safety requirements.
- General technical knowledge and the ability to plan, coordinate and collaborate with various stakeholders are essential.
- Being adaptable and capable of handling multiple challenges and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and project management skills are required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools (Teams, Outlook, Excel, etc.) is expected.
Please apply with a cover letter indicating how your experience and education align with our position, salary expectations, and CV.