RTG is looking for a candidate to join our team and fill a temporary, full-time contract. We are seeking an experienced Office Manager & Document Controller who will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate should have a high sense of urgency, attention to detail, and self-direction. Additionally, they must be able to multi-task, work in an environment with frequent interruptions, and work with minimal supervision.
Document Control Duties
- Assist in the coordination, preparation, proof-reading, formatting, and distribution of project reports and documentation
- General Documentation Quality Assurance (accuracy verification) and validation against the Project Agreement
- Records Management for project-related correspondences and documentation
- Tracking documents through an approval process
- Uploading, distributing, and revising project documentation within multiple enterprise systems
- Preparing project and financial correspondences on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer
- Assist with documentation preparation for internal and external audits
- Provide direct administrative and analytical support to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Rail Safety Officer
- Responding to ad hoc internal and external requests, and following-up with the respective Parties as required
- Act as “Claims Coordinator” and process incoming personal injury claims, liaising with the Chief Rail Safety Officer, Adjusters, Insurance and Lawyers.
- Point of contact and liaison with the client and subcontractors for general information gathering, inquiries, and reporting
- Process MFIPPA requests by logging the file and sending to legal. Track due dates to ensure timely responses.
- Schedule and coordinate travel, meetings, events, catering, and taking of minutes
- Recruitment and management of office interns
- Onboarding of new hires
- Monitors reception and media inbox/voicemails
- Manage daily office requirements, including ordering office supplies, initiating internal IT requests, work with IT to resolve technical issues, general office upkeep and manage the corporate cell phone plan.
- Receive, verify, and process vendor invoicing
- Prepare client invoicing, distribute for internal approval, and issue for payment
- Employee expense report verification, preparation, and tracking
- Credit card reconciliation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education in business administration or a related concentration
- 5+ years of senior administrative experience
- Document Control experience is considered an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills, logical thinker, process oriented with conceptual and research skills to review and compile information; ability to multitask while maintaining attention to details.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and SharePoint, to conduct analysis and prepare reports and presentations.
- Excellent organizational, time management and decision-making skills to effectively manage deadlines and changing priorities.
- Sound problem solving skills and able to exercise judgement to determine and/or initiate and/or seek guidance in the resolution of issues.
- English proficiency (mandatory)
- French (asset)
Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
Start date: To be determined
Contract duration: 14 months
We offer competitive salaries and paid time off to contract employees. We also offer health, dental, and vision insurance.