Rideau Transit Maintenance (RTM) is a General Partnership firm of ACS Infrastructure Canada, SNC-Lavalin O&M, and EllisDon. RTM has been awarded a long-term contract to maintain the Confederation Line, the new light rail transit system in Ottawa. RTM currently has exciting career opportunities for dynamic and enthusiastic individuals looking to play a role in the ongoing operation and maintenance of a significant infrastructure project in the nation’s capital.
RTM is now seeking a Procurement Manager who will report to the General Manager, Rideau Transit Maintenance.
All RTM positions will be instrumental in ensuring the reliable supply of trains and maintenance services on the Confederation Line. Applicants should have the ability to embrace a dynamic working environment that promotes safety, service, quality, motivation and teamwork in a start-up environment. Applicants must have a desire to learn, be flexible, safety conscious, and have an excellent work ethic. A comprehensive benefits package and an RRSP match program is offered.
Core Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and implement purchasing standards (including all documents and templates), controls, policies, and procedures
- Meet with department heads and managers to understand and support the needs of the business
- Lead requests for quotation (RFQ’s)
- Develop and maintain a vendor base to generate and sustain a competitive advantage
- Leverage vendors and negotiate terms to reduce costs
- Responsible for the documentation of all purchasing activities ensuring compliance with company policy.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Education:
Exceptional written and spoken English is essential
- Degree in business administration, supply chain, commerce, or similar field
- Related training in Contracts/Legal as well as general project and management related training
- Experience with drafting of commercial terms and conditions and an understanding of accompanying legal implications
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Excellent understanding of procurement processes which include both materials and contracts management and corporate governance principles
- Knowledge and understanding of quality systems, environmental, health and safety regulations, expediting techniques, Incoterms applications, and procurement systems reporting tools
- Experience and understanding of contracting and purchasing strategies
- Certified Supply Chain Management Professional Designation (CSCMP) is an asset