FULL-TIME CONTRACT POSITION
Duration: 5 months (Nov. 15. 2021- April 15. 2022)
Rideau Transit Maintenance (RTM) is a General Partnership firm comprised of ACS Infrastructure Canada, SNC Lavalin O&M, and Ellis Don. RTM has been awarded a long-term contract to maintain the Confederation Line, the new light rail transit system in Ottawa. RTM currently has several exciting career opportunities for dynamic and enthusiastic individuals looking to play a role in the ongoing operation and maintenance of a significant infrastructure project in the nation’s capital.
RTM (Rideau Transit Maintenance) is currently looking for individuals who are physically fit to perform snow removal activities at all of our locations. Dedicated individuals who enjoy working outdoors and in extreme weather conditions. The position involves snow removal, icing applications, escalator & escalator track cleaning and other duties as assigned. A 40-hour workweek will be guaranteed.
- 40-hour work weeks;
- Flexible schedule, nights, days and weekends all dependent on weather forecast;
- Snow removal, ice melter applications, sweeping stations, snow removal from stations and overhead lights and signs;
- Elevator & escalator track cleaning and other duties assigned while on shift;
- Clear snow from walkways and outdoor staircase and apply necessary salt as required;
- Ability to work shifts, i.e. morning, evenings & overnights and be timely for your shift assigned time;
- Must be able to perform physical duties;
- Hard working and motivated individual; and
- Responsible for working in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Previous related experience will be considered an asset;
- Valid Drivers License is mandatory;
- Previous experience with snow blowers and hand tools;
- Availability and flexibility to work longer hours as required for huge snow storms;
- Access to a cellular phone to receive duties for each day;
- Ability to work within a team while at the same time work individually.
- Demonstrated teamwork, reliability and collaboration in a shift-working environment; and
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to manage customer facing issues in a diplomatic, professional and courteous manner.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to lift up 50 lbs or more;
- Adhere to all Health & Safety company guidelines;
- Must wear approved PPE at all times;
- Be prepared to work outside at all times with extreme weather conditions; and
- Exposure to wind, wet, humid and other conditions.
Please forward a cover letter indicating how your experience and education align with our position, along with your salary expectations and your CV.